About Own Art
Own Art is a Creative United initiative supported by Arts Council England, Creative Scotland and Arts Council of Northern Ireland. It is designed to make it easy and affordable for everyone to own high quality contemporary art and craft by providing interest free loans on purchases from a growing network of galleries, fairs and arts organisations.
At Wasps Studios, customers can use Own Art to spread the cost of artwork priced from £100 to £2,500 over 10 months with no interest.
How does it work?
- Look for the Own Art symbol on the Wasps Shop, which will indicate if the product is eligible. Once you have chosen what you’d like to buy using Own Art, check out as normal, selecting Own Art Loan as your payment method. Please note – your whole basket must be Own Art eligible, if you are also purchasing items by credit/debit card, please check out separately.
- Within 1 working day, we will send you a loan application link to complete the Own Art finance application.
- If your application is successful, you can take your purchase home on the day.
- Your first monthly payment will be debited from your account 4 weeks’ later.
Approved artwork includes paintings, prints, drawings, sculpture, glassware, ceramics, jewellery, furniture, textiles and artist-made film and video work in digital media. Prints must be in limited editions of up to 150, and reproduction prints are not eligible for Own Art sale.
Customers must meet the following criteria to apply for an Own Art loan:
- Minimum age of 18 years
- A permanent UK resident for a minimum for 12 months
- Named on a personal bank account that allows Direct Debit processing
- Has access to a secure email address
Customers should also be either:
- Working at least 16 hours a week (employed or self-employed)
- A retired person in receipt of a pension
- A person on a disability allowance
- A registered carer
If you have any questions about Own Art you can get in touch with the Wasps team 0141 553 5890 or email email@example.com.